Hey everyone!

Anything goes, keep it civil.

Moderator: Global Moderator

Postby Benoit » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:03 pm

Hey, welcome back. Yea I remenber you as MrNomad on the old forums. Nice to see we still have some old fans arround.
Benoit Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 54 times

Postby Simon » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:10 pm

Hey there MrNomad!

Of course I remember you! Glad you're back ;D
Simon Offline

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Postby MrNomad » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:48 am

Yeah, I was just working on my computer and I got on Firefox and saw my old Faktor-G link. So, I figured I would google and see what was going on.
MrNomad Offline

Postby Simon » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:14 pm

It would be cool if you give some feedback on the showcases. This counts for everyone btw. I'm also thinking about starting a mailing list that lets you all know about updates and such
Simon Offline

Postby Simon » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:49 am

I changed MrNomad's avatar ;D
Simon Offline

Postby Samutz » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:43 pm

Hola.
Gil posted a comment on my blog so I googled FTO and got here.

Doesn't look much more active that it was the last time I was around though.  :-\
Samutz Offline

Postby Benoit » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:57 am

We are active but I'm not big on posting screenshot and updating information since not too many people are checking out the forums (and vis versa). I guess you could say we are operating in "stealth mode".

We have made some significant advances. The biggest milestone we reached was a large improvement of the level editor allowing us to design level much faster then before (think rpg maker editor x100). We simply need to add quests and apply minor tweaks to game mechanics and we will begin a very small internal beta, the time frame will depend on how much free time the staff has, or even the possibly of us deciding to push internal beta back to wait for more game content to be ready.

I'm waiting on the interface redesign to be completed before posting any type of screenshot because the current one does not do the game justice, and appearance is everything.
Benoit Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Simon » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:41 am

Hey Samutz. Yeah, I ran into your site accidently. I think through the Escapist forums if that's possible?

Trust us when we say there is a LOT of work going on behind the scenes. Of course, without a community, we have no way to show this all the time.

That's just a part of what is being done graphically. Right now I'm working on getting an interface as Ben said. After that we'll hopefully start some beta tests.
Simon Offline

Postby systat » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:50 pm

Hey, I wonder when will Webstart beta be ready??
Game looks nice, and I want to try it :)
systat Offline

Postby Benoit » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:51 pm

Well I'm still missing a few critical features before I even start the beta. Unfortunately we don't have any one working in parallel on the levels, so that means that once these features are in I will have to drop programming and design all the levels. I've been working on FTO 3-4 times a week giving me about 2-3 work days worth of work.

At this point I need to implement, at a minimum, server support for Quests, add class skills, touch up battle system, add a party system and design the beta world. So I'm still looking at a few months of work until I find someone that can dedicate a lot of time in helping.
Benoit Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mykel » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:34 am

Hey! I'm guessing you guys got a new forum? I used to lurk around a few of the old ones before. I'm not sure if anyone remembers me. Anyway, I did a google search and found this new forum so I decided to sign up!

Everything is looking really nice! I would help if I could, but unfortunately I'm a little useless in the development range. Although, I could give the level maker a try. Anyway, good luck and keep with the updates!
Mykel Offline

Postby Benoit » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:09 pm

Nice to have fans, its really motivating. I can't wait to have things ready to play for a small beta.

We are currently working on makings level however I only take on people who can commit a reasonable amount of time on the levels because of all the time required to get someone up to speed with the team and learn the editor. Serious applicants can contact me on MSN.
Benoit Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Gornova » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:18 am

Hello! :D
I'm here too :P

Back from Italy, from work, to play FTO :D

first alpha 0.0.0.1 was pretty good :D
Gornova Offline

Postby Benoit » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:26 am

[quote="Gornova"]
Hello! :D
I'm here too :P

Back from Italy, from work, to play FTO :D

first alpha 0.0.0.1 was pretty good :D
[/quote]

Thanks, I've been slaving away at fixing all of the major bugs we (you) have discovered during the alpha and some of the feature requests. When the beta starts I will probably keep track of a changelist but there a lot of things going on right now so it's too tedious. This weekend we should post some update to enable armor/weapon. We will need some help to balance them properly as things will likely either be too hard/too easy at different level ranges.
Benoit Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Gornova » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:04 am

:D

If you need help, please let me know!
Gornova Offline

PreviousNext