Hey everyone!

Anything goes, keep it civil.

Moderator: Global Moderator

Postby Benoit » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:38 am

[quote="Gornova"]
:D

If you need help, please let me know!
[/quote]
Well part of the reason we hosted the beta was to try to interest someone in helping (see original post). We've got several features that need to be done, both coding and leveling, some very interesting ones. PM me your IM/Skype info if you like to discuss this more.
Benoit Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 54 times

Postby Jatz » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:28 am

Hey guys, ive been lurking for a while but finally decided to post, even though the forum isn't that active, just saying hi, im Jatz, you'll probs catch me on the beta, or if im not on, im making maps. i hope to get to know some of yu guys alot better :)

-Jatz
Jatz Offline

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Postby Gornova » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:10 am

sorry! I was too busy at work, no time for FTO :(
Gornova Offline

Postby Siedge » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:54 pm

Wow last post was in 2010 and this discussion started in '07 really needs some posts! :D
Ill try and recruit all my friends! hope this place grows! I mean ive only seen admins ingame
Mind checking out my gaming forum? www.firedragonsoftware.com
Siedge Offline

Postby Chicken » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:17 pm

Thanks for that Sledge. We've had other players in the game, but seems that most all sign on at different times lol.
Chicken Offline

Postby mbergstrom » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:44 pm

So I'm opening this up again, I'm Mike Bergstrom... Yeah I'll use my real name, no biggie.

I'm from Canada, BC. I'm twenty right on the button and randomly stumbled across FTO in the slick dev forums. (I've always had an interest in java 2D game dev, I was led to believe that slick might help me learn... But it seems to be out of my grasp, I need something more basic first)

I'm a "GUI Artist" which is what I've been classified under by people at deviant art. I design websites in photoshop/illustrator usually without splicing or coding, I make skins for various media players, and I'm always exploring new graphical elements that interest me.

I started with MsPaint and Winamp skins, finally got my hands on a legal copy of photoshop and that's when the juices started to flow for me... I'm still not that great, but I grow better with every project I take on.

I'm in college, working my way up to a GED. I plan to go for a diploma in communications design. Which I hope will start me on my path towards my dreams.

Anyways, there is me in a bundle... Hi!
mbergstrom Offline

Postby Chicken » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:44 am

Welcome to FTO Chief. Always good to have a new member who really enjoys the game. I read in your other thread you wanted to have at the GUI a bit. I can send you the GUI images if you want. Might make it a bit easier if you want to try skinning it. Up to you.

Anyways welcome :)
Chicken Offline

Postby mbergstrom » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:55 am

Now that would be cool! Sure would make it a bit easier.
mbergstrom Offline

Postby Jjourney » Sat May 26, 2012 3:15 am

Hi everyone :)

Well i am a newcomer who came across this game through searching.. Meta tags are certainly amazing and well my name is Jason and I am 28 years old living in washington state with my loving domestic partner "Eric" he and I have 2 amazing pets and live a pretty modest life; even though we do get into heated discussions about money and other aspects of luxuries :P .  However i originate from Massachusettes and its such a change to be here in WA (the desert part :-\)  but I am enjoying getting to know the people and taking the time to find a job ( sure 3 years is still a long time but what can you do).

I have beta tested multiple games (sometimes the list seems endless) and this is the most fun that i have had in a game since i beta tested maplestory before its boom period and now its become one of the greatest MMOs at least in the past decade. I am quite diverse in computers though programming isnt my forte. I can suggest various avenues that might work and still give people  the immersive feel.  I used to do light work with RPG maker XP, 2000 and well though it requires no previous scripting knowledge i spent most of my teeange years playing various videogames (at the cost of friends) and well I am certainly not without them even though i am far away from my roots.  I may not beable to do character design or do something elaborate but I would perhaps like to help out in any fashion that i can with this game and make it a great success.

If anything i am great with stories and maybe with ideas on character clothing e.t.c  i guess i am more of the imagination without the tools to bring the idea to reality, i have the vision without the clarity and i can only hope that if given the opportunity i can network with the others in order to bring some of these ideas to life.  I guess in some context i am the project manager who helps create the ideas which then are brought to life by those who see the goals ahead.  I know i get wrapped up in schematics but if i can be of any help please let me know :)
Jjourney Offline

Postby Chicken » Sat May 26, 2012 6:19 am

G'day mate. I'm Howard / Chicken jack of all trades and master of none. We're always looking from help from community members telling us about bugs, ideas for classes, storyline, etc. So, if you feel that there's something we're missing in any area please post a thread or reply to an existing thread with your idea(s) as we're always wanting to improve things.

If you're interested in a little bit of back story for the new region have a look at this...

http://pastebin.com/SP0vwrkK

Something I wrote up just as a idea for the new region. Nothing in it's final, but gives a solid foundation to base quests and such on.
Chicken Offline

Postby Shard » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:52 pm

Shard here, im an addicted guy for mmos and old gaming rpg stylish games, i rly felt good playin FTO, so i think ill stick here for a bit, good 2 meet every single adventurer here, cya

Btw: Im rollin actually a "brute", my game nick is the same as here
Last edited by Shard on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shard Offline

Postby Chicken » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:07 am

Good stuff mate. Welcome to FTO :)
Chicken Offline

Postby Friendly Banana » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:13 pm

Dont mind it, I'm just a banana!

Hello!! :3
Even thought I always hear not to use "hello" word in the topic of the message...I...it's... Well I like to live hard! that's how I roll everyday.
So What's up guys? I'm newbie with with FTO just getting started . I've came here to greet you, cant wait till I'll able to play FTO(game doesn't start)  Nice to meet ya, how are you? let's have fun in game  See you there!  Thats all. Thank you kindly for reading
Yours faithfully Banana (Sorry for my English :) )
Friendly Banana Offline

Postby Chicken » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:23 pm

Welcome :) this is an extremely old thread, but it's always good to breathe new life into things.
Chicken Offline

Postby pro » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:40 am

Returning player here

Time to kick some butt!

- Pro
pro Offline

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion