Reports & Penalties to Cheaters/Exploiters - Megathread

Please post any and all bugs, or exploits that you have found here.

Moderator: Global Moderator

Postby Bosscore » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:58 pm

So as Lib suggested I'm opening up this megathread to discuss the current exploits in the game and how we should punish players that are caught in the act. I'll be updating this post when someone reports an exploit/cheat, as well as the proposed penalties so that the devs avoid having to read every single post.

Current Exploits/Cheats:

1 - AFK Farming: the player AFKs in a monster-spawning area, leaving his/her character unattended automatically killing all the mobs, getting XP points and gold without playing the game.
Counter-measures: CAPTCHA mechanic, already implemented.
Penalties:
- 24 hour ban after 1st offense, 1 month ban after 2nd offense, permanent ban after 3rd and final offense;
- Warning, 24hr ban, 1 month ban after every offense;

2 - Multi-raiding: Several players group together, each one entering a different instance of a raid, allowing for a faster farming and a bigger chance at quality drops.
Counter-measures: To be determined.
Penalties:
- 24 hour ban after 1st offense, 1 month ban after 2nd offense, permanent ban after 3rd and final offense;
- Warning, 24hr ban, 1 month ban after every offense;

3 - Botting: Use of a 3rd party program to automate the game.
Counter-measures: To be determined.
Penalties:
- Permanent ban, upon 100% confirmation;
Last edited by Bosscore on Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bosscore Offline

Has Liked: 59 times
Been Liked: 53 times

Postby Streak » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:26 pm

There is also camping while friends raid to obtain drops at least camping is what I call it lol

as for as that maybe 1st time caught idk if it is even possible but maybe a 24 hour ban from parties?
Server: US2 :world:
Shard: Diamond :gem:
Home: Burr :mrgreen:

Guild: Tasuke* :crown:
Founded Guild: 5/23/16 :trade:
Guild Home: Tasuke Island :treasure:

*Info Here

Streak - lvl 44 :brute: (us2) lvl 32 :medic: (us1)
Streak Offline

Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Postby Smokaren » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:09 pm

I would also like to know from the Devs regarding having a second account and playing both simultaneously is a rule violation.

Don't personally believe it should be unless you got a third party program playing the second character which will be like botting/multiboxing.

@Streak I don't think one guy being afk in party should be a rule violation if someone want to boost a friend or w/e I got a hard time seeing you need to force the players to be 100% active and not idle.

What would be the best solution is you can only roll on loot if you are in the raid so you can't be outside doing nothing or do other things while your friends boost you. So you have to choose from helping them or do nothing but you still have to be inside the raid.
Smokaren Offline

Has Liked: 72 times
Been Liked: 72 times

Postby Bosscore » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:23 pm

Smokaren wrote:I would also like to know from the Devs regarding having a second account and playing both simultaneously is a rule violation.

Don't personally believe it should be unless you got a third party program playing the second character which will be like botting/multiboxing.

@Streak I don't think one guy being afk in party should be a rule violation if someone want to boost a friend or w/e I got a hard time seeing you need to force the players to be 100% active and not idle.

What would be the best solution is you can only roll on loot if you are in the raid so you can't be outside doing nothing or do other things while your friends boost you. So you have to choose from helping them or do nothing but you still have to be inside the raid.

After confirmation from the devs that these are/aren't exploits I'll update the OP.

Was thinking about that last line, players not able to roll on raid loot outside of the raid itself. Yeah, it shouldn't happen, but is it an exploit? If you enter the raid and stay still at the entrance, you'll always be able to roll on loot even if you're not helping. It's different, I know, because outside the raid you can get some other things done while being able to roll on that loot, but still, wondering if we can call that an exploit.

Cumps
Bosscore Offline

Postby Streak » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:32 pm

I know you cant be around all the time but I mean if your in a party of 5 and 1 of them is off doing other things like quests or whatever all cuz he dont feel like doing a raid chaos drops and the 1 person not in the raid gets it that is what I meant by that

*Info Here

Streak Offline

Postby Smokaren » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:22 pm

Ah okay, yea as long the guy which is getting "boosted" is in the raid itself I don't care what hes doing afk/doing hes noodle damage or just walking in circles.

What I don't like is being able to get loot while not being in the raid at all and maybe questing or even worse in another raid.
Smokaren Offline

Has Liked: 72 times
Been Liked: 72 times

Postby Streak » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:42 am

Or "ripping" there shirt of and yelling "I'm going super saiyan"... Which is totally not something I do...lol

Anyways yea if they are in the raid with better intentions than just to mooch loot of it then I am fine with it

*Info Here

Streak Offline

Postby Bosscore » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:51 am

OP updated. Would appreaciate more contributions to this thread, is in our best interest to do so.

Cumps
Bosscore Offline

Postby Liberator » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:02 am

Looking pretty decent.

My personal ruling would be, however, I am only 1 of 3 people who make those decisions.

1) Warning, 24hr ban, 1 month ban after every offense.
2) Warning, 24hr ban, 1 month ban after every offense.
3) Permanent ban, upon 100% confirmation.
Liberator Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Has Liked: 102 times
Been Liked: 171 times

Postby Bosscore » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:54 am

Thanks Lib, updated.
Bosscore Offline

Postby luskmomo » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:38 am

I have been banned, for being a naughty, naughty squirrel. - Liberator.
luskmomo Offline

Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 2 times

Postby Bosscore » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:18 am

luskmomo wrote:I have been banned, for being a naughty, naughty squirrel. - Liberator.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Let's have a party! Drinks are on me!
Bosscore Offline

Postby Liberator » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:23 am

Only for a week on the forums, I told him that he was allowed to return, provided he acts mature. Any other issues, permanent ban. I'm being a bit more lenient because of the fact he was using a translator, so, some things may be coming out incorrectly.

However, this ban also extends to the game. If you see him on, please feel free to let me know and I will login and ban him for a week.
Liberator Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Has Liked: 102 times
Been Liked: 171 times

Postby Streak » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:48 pm

Bad squirrel bad hahaha

*Info Here

Streak Offline

Postby scheidy » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:18 pm

luskmomo wrote:I have been banned, for being a naughty, naughty squirrel. - Liberator.

Haha I saw him in game a few days ago... As I walked by him he called me a noob... my response as I sat in my chair was laughter. I wanted to tell him how dumb he was but it was not worth my time. I also like how his character is permanently stuck by the boat by the /fell spot... It is like he is a statue dedicated to telling people not to cheat ;)
scheidy Offline

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 22 times

Next

Return to Bugs / Exploits