Reports & Penalties to Cheaters/Exploiters - Megathread

Please post any and all bugs, or exploits that you have found here.

Moderator: Global Moderator

Postby scheidy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:46 pm

:boss: :boss: :boss: SINCE THIS THREAD IS STICKIED I AM GOING TO PUT NEW PLAYER REPORTS OF BOT/AFK FARMING OFFENDERS :boss: :boss: :boss:

Boss, Any chance you could update title to reflect that this is where we can report?

Also I feel we should make a clear set of rules for reporting until this game gets some sort of true system. Below could be a standard report post that would be copy and pasted and re-used by any player to make a report of someone cheating.

ALSO Liberator or other MODS not sure what you guys think about this but any chance you could make some members only have access to view this thread or one like it?? that way we could post these reports for you guys to see and investigate. I would imagine onces the game gets more popular we do not want people making these reports for simple little things that could just be a simple player confrontation... This would waste time... If we had say 10 or so members that you the DEVS would trust to have access to a report thread. Then that could be the start of some sort of system at least...

****Player Generated Exploit/cheating Report****

-Server Info:

-Report made by( In-game name):

-Report made on (Accused Offender):

-Location in game:

-Summary of exploit and/or Cheating:

-Evidence or proof of Report (use screens or other means to show proof)
scheidy Offline

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 22 times

Postby scheidy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:10 pm

now to make a report :)

-Server Info: US Server 1 Diamond Shard

-Report made by( In-game name): Scheidy and Scheat

-Report made on (Accused Offender): Luskmomo

-Location in game: Cave north of Respite Village

-Summary of exploit and/or Cheating: Player Luskmomo was caught once again AFK farming using a third party program to auto heal etc. Screenshots provided will prove the accused was doing what was stated. I hope as a 2nd(really 3rd) time offender that this account could be punished more harshly as it is high lvl and clearly has had an unfair advantage to other players... Sent email to support was told staff was busy :) and could not log on to deal with cheater.

Also a method to use and see if someone is a possible AFK bot user you can check their stats.... If the Skills used stat is WAY out of whack compared to the total Online time then it is a certain indicator of cheating.. Although this method is not proof but can be used as an indicator... Just look at screens below to see example of Luskmomo stats compared to Scheats stats... LOL

Found AFK botting ( Sent email to Support staff approx 20 mins before this report

Using google translate to try and communicate...

more...

chat history:

this is the stat page of Luskmomo... Notice the play time and skills used.....

Now this is the stats of player Scheat....Notice the play time and skills used.....
scheidy Offline

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Bosscore » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:56 pm

Sure I'll update the title.

I'm afraid you triggered me Scheidy. He's brasilian, therefore he speaks portuguese, not spanish... I'm portuguese and speak portuguese :)

Good idea!

Cumps
Bosscore Offline

Has Liked: 59 times
Been Liked: 53 times

Postby Scheat » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:08 pm

scheidy wrote:now to make a report :)

-Summary of exploit and/or Cheating: Player Luskmomo was caught once again AFK farming using a third party program to auto heal etc. Screenshots provided will prove the accused was doing what was stated. I hope as a 2nd(really 3rd) time offender that this account could be punished more harshly as it is high lvl and clearly has had an unfair advantage to other players... Sent email to support was told staff was busy :) and could not log on to deal with cheater.

Also a method to use and see if someone is a possible AFK bot user you can check their stats.... If the Skills used stat is WAY out of whack compared to the total Online time then it is a certain indicator of cheating.. Although this method is not proof but can be used as an indicator... Just look at screens below to see example of Luskmomo stats compared to Scheats stats... LOL

Additional Proof : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVd9L3gopczlDze9Myzrz-tf286Rnk-wk

Seeing as this is a recurring offense by a negative influence within the community it is my opinion that the Luskmomo character should be deleted from US1 Server.
US1 Lvl 47 Medic :medic: - Founder of Eclipse Guild (Formerly co-founder of Zephyr)
Scheat Offline

Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 0 time

Postby Bosscore » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:56 pm

Scheat wrote:
scheidy wrote:now to make a report :)

Additional Proof : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVd9L3gopczlDze9Myzrz-tf286Rnk-wk

Seeing as this is a recurring offense by a negative influence within the community it is my opinion that the Luskmomo character should be deleted from US1 Server.

Agreed.
Bosscore Offline

Postby scheidy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:03 pm

Agreed with the deletion of the account... Also Boss haha I am sorry I got the language wrong :X haha I am about the most non Bi-lingual individual in the world so I just guessed the language was spanish. My bad bud.

Also I think we should make a NPC named Luskmomo that roams around bluevale dressed as a homeless lvl 1 character and says I was caught cheating and have been sent into Exile!!! Of course this is only if the account gets banned... Lol joking...
scheidy Offline

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Bosscore » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:53 pm

scheidy wrote:Agreed with the deletion of the account... Also Boss haha I am sorry I got the language wrong :X haha I am about the most non Bi-lingual individual in the world so I just guessed the language was spanish. My bad bud.

Also I think we should make a NPC named Luskmomo that roams around bluevale dressed as a homeless lvl 1 character and says I was caught cheating and have been sent into Exile!!! Of course this is only if the account gets banned... Lol joking...

No problem dude, sorry for the reaction, it's a common misconception that portuguese/brazilian people speak spanish and that Portugal = Spain, so it's an easy trigger to me :P

I actually like your idea, I'm all for that! Let them cheaters know what's comming!
Bosscore Offline

Postby scheidy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:31 pm

dude is still going strong AFK botting hours later......

scheidy Offline

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Bosscore » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:53 pm

scheidy wrote:dude is still going strong AFK botting hours later......

Came here to say this. Unfortunately, since it's on the US servers, as a level 1 char I can't get to arden so I can't record it. Lib please, his ban is long overdue.
Bosscore Offline

Postby Liberator » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:36 am

He has evaporated into a fine mist and nothing remains.
Liberator Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Has Liked: 102 times
Been Liked: 171 times

Postby Liberator » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:23 am

Modified to a permanent Ban in game and on the forums.
Liberator Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Has Liked: 102 times
Been Liked: 171 times

Postby Bosscore » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:19 am

I believe it was the right call :)
Bosscore Offline

Postby Streak » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:08 am

agreed obviously he was not going to stop he just didnt care
Server: US2 :world:
Shard: Diamond :gem:
Home: Burr :mrgreen:

Guild: Tasuke* :crown:
Founded Guild: 5/23/16 :trade:
Guild Home: Tasuke Island :treasure:

*Info Here

Streak - lvl 44 :brute: (us2) lvl 32 :medic: (us1)
Streak Offline

Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Postby evoker » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:37 am

Liberator wrote:Modified to a permanent Ban in game and on the forums.

Good!

Tho... I really believe it would be the best solution to just disable the auto-attacking.
I know ben mentioned that it won't stop botting, but...

This auto-attacking makes it simple for EVERYONE to afk farm and if they learn to use a third-party programm which keeps
pressing 1 button, they can farm forever.

But real botting, with scripts and stuff is a complete other story.
Even the biggest MMOs have troubles finding and detecting bots.
There are way less players able to do so.

So disabling auto-attack would prevent like 80%-90% of the players from "botting".
And real botters will be hard to catch.

Just my 2 cents... :confused:
:world: Server: EU
:gem: Shard: Diamond

:assassin: Evoker - lvl47
:boss: Guild: Shine Image
evoker Offline

Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 36 times

Postby Bosscore » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:56 pm

evoker wrote:
Liberator wrote:Modified to a permanent Ban in game and on the forums.

Good!

Tho... I really believe it would be the best solution to just disable the auto-attacking.
I know ben mentioned that it won't stop botting, but...

This auto-attacking makes it simple for EVERYONE to afk farm and if they learn to use a third-party programm which keeps
pressing 1 button, they can farm forever.

But real botting, with scripts and stuff is a complete other story.
Even the biggest MMOs have troubles finding and detecting bots.
There are way less players able to do so.

So disabling auto-attack would prevent like 80%-90% of the players from "botting".
And real botters will be hard to catch.

Just my 2 cents... :confused:

Not sure if you actually mean auto-attack or auto-targeting. Auto-attack is 80% of the combat in this game. You click on the mob and your character strikes until it's dead. Auto-targeting 'tho, enables an auto-counter-attack without the press of a button, that's what's wrong in my opinion, that's what's triggering the AFK Farming. Without auto-targeting, players would just stand there being hit to death without fighting back, therefore without killing anything.
Bosscore Offline

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs / Exploits