Reports & Penalties to Cheaters/Exploiters - Megathread

Please post any and all bugs, or exploits that you have found here.

Moderator: Global Moderator

Postby evoker » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:10 pm

I meant precisly what I said.
Auto-attacking is what it says. Automatically attack a target without any human input, as soon as enemys are nearby (or attacking you).
Taking WoW as an example: You have to right-click your enemy, then you will automatically hit it with auto-attacks (which is not the same thing as auto-attacking).

Auto-targeting is something else.
Tera for example has no targeting system at all. The direction you face determines the direction of your skills, you can't target your enemys.
Targeting would only confuse us here, let's move on to the problem I mentioned before.

The problem I'm seeing here is the auto-attacking (which triggers your auto-attacks).
If we would disable the auto-attacking of all characters (NOT the auto-attacks), then what I said 2 posts above this post would occur. 80%-90% wouldn't (because they couldn't) afk farm anymore.
:world: Server: EU
:gem: Shard: Diamond

:assassin: Evoker - lvl47
:boss: Guild: Shine Image
evoker Offline

User avatar
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:17 pm
Location: Munich
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 36 times

Postby Bosscore » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:23 pm

evoker wrote:I meant precisly what I said.
Auto-attacking is what it says. Automatically attack a target without any human input, as soon as enemys are nearby (or attacking you).
Taking WoW as an example: You have to right-click your enemy, then you will automatically hit it with auto-attacks (which is not the same thing as auto-attacking).

Auto-targeting is something else.
Tera for example has no targeting system at all. The direction you face determines the direction of your skills, you can't target your enemys.
Targeting would only confuse us here, let's move on to the problem I mentioned before.

The problem I'm seeing here is the auto-attacking (which triggers your auto-attacks).
If we would disable the auto-attacking of all characters (NOT the auto-attacks), then what I said 2 posts above this post would occur. 80%-90% wouldn't (because they couldn't) afk farm anymore.


We're talking about the same thing and agreeing with one another by just using different terms. Thing is, reading your post is a bit confusing, as you're saying "disable auto-attacking, but NOT auto-attacks"... which is why I (and many others) use the term auto-target. Correct, Tera, like many others, has no targeting system. This game has. The minute you get hit by a mob, your character auto-targets that mob, meaning you face his direction, like you said, and stick with it. Then, you start auto-attacking.

So:

- Clicking on the mob targets it;
- After being targeted, it starts auto-attacking;

AFK Farming: you don't need to manually target the mob to start attacking it, your character auto-targets it and then starts auto-attacking.

Disabling auto-attacks means you would need to press the left click mouse button/space key to inflict each hit on a mob.
Disabling auto-targeting means your character will no longer auto-target a mob attacking you, which will not trigger the auto-attack mechanic, therefore you won't kill anything.

Note, we are agreeing here. You're just using "auto-attack" for 2 different situations. That's what's confusing. ;)

Cumps
Bosscore Offline

User avatar
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:35 am
Has Liked: 59 times
Been Liked: 53 times

Postby evoker » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:26 pm

I'm using "auto-attacks" and "auto-attacking", but I get what you mean by confusing. :D
And yes, we do agree on the same topic. :razz:
:world: Server: EU
:gem: Shard: Diamond

:assassin: Evoker - lvl47
:boss: Guild: Shine Image
evoker Offline

User avatar
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:17 pm
Location: Munich
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 36 times

Postby Scheat » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:45 pm

Bosscore wrote:
evoker wrote:I meant precisly what I said.
Auto-attacking is what it says. Automatically attack a target without any human input, as soon as enemys are nearby (or attacking you).
Taking WoW as an example: You have to right-click your enemy, then you will automatically hit it with auto-attacks (which is not the same thing as auto-attacking).

Auto-targeting is something else.
Tera for example has no targeting system at all. The direction you face determines the direction of your skills, you can't target your enemys.
Targeting would only confuse us here, let's move on to the problem I mentioned before.

The problem I'm seeing here is the auto-attacking (which triggers your auto-attacks).
If we would disable the auto-attacking of all characters (NOT the auto-attacks), then what I said 2 posts above this post would occur. 80%-90% wouldn't (because they couldn't) afk farm anymore.


We're talking about the same thing and agreeing with one another by just using different terms. Thing is, reading your post is a bit confusing, as you're saying "disable auto-attacking, but NOT auto-attacks"... which is why I (and many others) use the term auto-target. Correct, Tera, like many others, has no targeting system. This game has. The minute you get hit by a mob, your character auto-targets that mob, meaning you face his direction, like you said, and stick with it. Then, you start auto-attacking.

So:

- Clicking on the mob targets it;
- After being targeted, it starts auto-attacking;

AFK Farming: you don't need to manually target the mob to start attacking it, your character auto-targets it and then starts auto-attacking.

Disabling auto-attacks means you would need to press the left click mouse button/space key to inflict each hit on a mob.
Disabling auto-targeting means your character will no longer auto-target a mob attacking you, which will not trigger the auto-attack mechanic, therefore you won't kill anything.

Note, we are agreeing here. You're just using "auto-attack" for 2 different situations. That's what's confusing. ;)

Cumps


For the sake of both clarity and sheer accuracy how about agreeing to use the term "Auto-Retaliate when Engaged by nearby NPC's based upon current Threat-Level Mechanics" or "Auto-Retaliate" for short. :ugeek:

And yes, I whole-heartedly agree that the player should be required to not only click in order to engage a monster, but to Doubleclick upon the desired monster in order to attack as it is, in effect, what is already required of the monster in order to engage the player after threat level is assessed. This way it is fair to both player and monster.

Were this battle mechanic change implemented "sit-bots" could perhaps be dealt with more effectively with an auto-idle logout (after say 20 minutes for the sake of simplicity); which would, in my opinion, be a good idea all around.
US1 Lvl 47 Medic :medic: - Founder of Eclipse Guild (Formerly co-founder of Zephyr)
Scheat Offline

User avatar
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:57 am
Location: EST (aka -5 GMT)
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 0 time

Postby scheidy » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:49 am

Liberator wrote:Modified to a permanent Ban in game and on the forums.



Yes... I can rest easy knowing our hard work hunting him has paid off.... lmao

Also can I again request an NPC with the name Luskmomo be added in bluevale...

The NPC will be wearing rags and wondering around begging for spare change etc... will also be spewing random things about do not cheat or it leads to this... hhahaha
scheidy Offline

User avatar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 1:58 pm
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 22 times

Postby Liberator » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:15 am

As funny and appealing as I find that, I don't wish to have him continue to spam email the support email, with threats and the like. So, I don't want to ignite the situation again.
Liberator Offline

User avatar
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:48 pm
Location: Over 9000
Has Liked: 102 times
Been Liked: 171 times

Postby Scheat » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:34 am

Liberator wrote:As funny and appealing as I find that, I don't wish to have him continue to spam email the support email, with threats and the like. So, I don't want to ignite the situation again.


Agreed; the furthest that this "During Development" debacle could be appropriately incorporated is that there eventually be a lock and key quest at some point featuring the freeing of a hill troll named momo which thanks the adventurer for their freedom and vanishes into thin air as completion of the quest enabling the player to turn in the quest for whichever npc is felt appropriate. quest enabling the player to turn in the quest for whichever npc is felt appropriate.
US1 Lvl 47 Medic :medic: - Founder of Eclipse Guild (Formerly co-founder of Zephyr)
Scheat Offline

User avatar
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:57 am
Location: EST (aka -5 GMT)
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 0 time

Postby Bosscore » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:23 am

Liberator wrote:As funny and appealing as I find that, I don't wish to have him continue to spam email the support email, with threats and the like. So, I don't want to ignite the situation again.


Is he really doing that? No comments -.-

Yeah, probably not right to give immortality to one of the worst players this game has had so far.
Bosscore Offline

User avatar
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:35 am
Has Liked: 59 times
Been Liked: 53 times

Postby Barian » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:48 am

Bosscore wrote:
Liberator wrote:As funny and appealing as I find that, I don't wish to have him continue to spam email the support email, with threats and the like. So, I don't want to ignite the situation again.


Is he really doing that? No comments -.-

Yeah, probably not right to give immortality to one of the worst players this game has had so far.



dont get me wrong, i hate cheaters and the like as much as u do... but u kinda do that with what u are doing here right now (not only u though). just throwing my 2 cents here ^^
Barian Offline


Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:56 am
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 1 time

Postby Bosscore » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:25 pm

Barian wrote:
Bosscore wrote:
Liberator wrote:As funny and appealing as I find that, I don't wish to have him continue to spam email the support email, with threats and the like. So, I don't want to ignite the situation again.


Is he really doing that? No comments -.-

Yeah, probably not right to give immortality to one of the worst players this game has had so far.



dont get me wrong, i hate cheaters and the like as much as u do... but u kinda do that with what u are doing here right now (not only u though). just throwing my 2 cents here ^^


I'm afraid I missed your point. What exactly am I doing here, besides helping expose a cheater and discussing the way the community handled the subject?
Bosscore Offline

User avatar
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:35 am
Has Liked: 59 times
Been Liked: 53 times

Postby Barian » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:00 pm

i hope i find the right words cuz i´m not native english, so bear with me^^

basically the feeling i get when reading this thread are 2 things: denounce from cheaters and party when they get punished. like i said, i´m happy botters, cheaters and the like get what they deserve, but i kinda get the feeling most of this thread is just denounce and party... sure, we dont have any other way to report cheaters atm, but i hope u get what i mean. kinda the same thing why i hope he wont get something like the npc ( as funny as the idea is^^)
maybe the mod or someone else should delete the posts from punished suspects so the wont get "immortal"
Barian Offline


Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:56 am
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 1 time

Postby evoker » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:16 pm

And allow me to say something that's been nagging me for a while.

We're not talking about "cheaters" here. As long as they don't use any 3rd party programs they're not even "botters".

Cheats (wheter they've been implemented by the devs or not) and hacks modify the game code.
Botters are people who use 3rd party programs to automatically move, attack, use skills etc without human input.

People who are "afk farming" are none. They are no botters, because the system is botting for them (with the auto-attacking in this game).
And ofc they are no cheaters nor hackers.

Now I'm feeling better. ;)
:world: Server: EU
:gem: Shard: Diamond

:assassin: Evoker - lvl47
:boss: Guild: Shine Image
evoker Offline

User avatar
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:17 pm
Location: Munich
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 36 times

Postby Bosscore » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:51 pm

Barian wrote:i hope i find the right words cuz i´m not native english, so bear with me^^

basically the feeling i get when reading this thread are 2 things: denounce from cheaters and party when they get punished. like i said, i´m happy botters, cheaters and the like get what they deserve, but i kinda get the feeling most of this thread is just denounce and party... sure, we dont have any other way to report cheaters atm, but i hope u get what i mean. kinda the same thing why i hope he wont get something like the npc ( as funny as the idea is^^)
maybe the mod or someone else should delete the posts from punished suspects so the wont get "immortal"


We clearly have different perspectives on how to immortalize someone. No one is throwing a party, we reported what we saw, he got what was coming, and I expressed, in 1 post, how well I think the devs handled the situation. Report and feedback, normal mechanics in a healthy community.

But enough offtopic. If anyone spots another "cheater", "botter" or "exploiter", do let the devs know through PM and/or this thread. That's its purpose :)

Cumps
Bosscore Offline

User avatar
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:35 am
Has Liked: 59 times
Been Liked: 53 times

Postby newtonbrazil » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:30 pm

I think what he meant is yes momo cheated, yes he got what he deserved but, we shouldn't humiliate him or make fun of him. It's like the old saying, two wrongs don't make a right. We should just report, let it be handled and forget about them. Focus on this awesome game instead of poking fun of someone else. At least thats what i think he meant. :mrgreen:
newtonbrazil Offline


Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:46 am
Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Postby newtonbrazil » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:51 am

Might be a bug I'm not sure but the game is extremely laggy in the raids, each time i change rooms or try to I get stuck for 5 seconds, sometimes then i try to run past a Mob the hit box is blocking my path but the mob is somewhere else and it causes me to jump back to the spot the hit box is, i need to use grapple (The assassin hook ability, or the brute stun) to make the Mobs appearance go back to the hit box. Maybe the US1 server needs a reset.
newtonbrazil Offline


Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:46 am
Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 1 time

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs / Exploits

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron