Troubleshooting Issues

Do you want to know something? Ask us

Moderator: Global Moderator

Postby Liberator » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:33 pm

Tips and Tricks

• If you're running Windows Defender, don't or make sure you update the definitions or disable it when trying to run the game.
  • Run the game as Administrator
  • Make sure your drivers are up to date, based on the manufacturers drivers and not the default windows ones.
  • Enable FTO through your firewall or disable it to see if it's the issue.
  • Steam users, skip the first part of the step below this one. Go to steam folder/steamapps/common/Fantasy Tales Online/ to get your error log.
  • Go to C:\Users\userName\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Tales Online\client and upload, paste the contents of any .err/error files, so we can troubleshoot your problem (hopefully) you may need to go Oraganize -> Folder and Search Options -> View and turn show hidden files and folders on (if you cant see appdata) www.pastebin.com
  • Delete the client folder from within AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Tales Online and download the patcher again.
  • Make sure you have the correct version of java installed - e.g if you're running 32 bit OS then use the 32 bit java installer.
  • Try an older version of java and make sure you don't have multiple versions of java on your computer (troubleshooting java website listed below)

Links to useful threads and websites.

http://java.com/en/download/help/troubleshoot_java.xml

https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/win8_faq.xml

index.php/topic,787.0.html

index.php/topic,789.0.html

If you're still having issues after debugging, please create a thread with your errors/run logs and computers specs, etc.

If I have forgotten any tips please let me know and I will update the thread.
Last edited by Liberator on Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Please don't PM, unless it's important or bug related. Forum posts will suffice, thanks. You can also email [email protected]
Liberator Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Has Liked: 102 times
Been Liked: 171 times

Return to Questions and Support