Frequently asked questions (Read here before posting)

You can talk about Fantasy Tales here.

Moderator: Global Moderator

Postby Smokaren » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:19 am

This post is aimed towards both new players and old players, so you won't have to scroll through a lot of pages to find your desired post with information or make a new post about a subject which have already been discussed.

General

Q: How long have Fantasy Tales Online been around ?
A: The developers have been working on this project since roughly 2003 however it were not until around last year (2015) they started to work more actively on their project and started to take it more serious.

Q: When did Fantasy Tales Online make it into steam?
A: May 5th, 2016

Q: I am lvl 40+ and there is no more content for me, what to do?
A: The game is in early access which you would be aware of when you installed the game through steam, this means the game is in a very early stage and the developers are working very actively on rolling out patches however keep in mind it takes time to release quality content.

There is a lot of plans for the future regarding content,new items,monsters,quests and sandbox features which will give you the type of gaming experience you are looking for.

Keep an eye on this thread " viewtopic.php?f=4&t=853 " you will find out about some of the upcoming features & content here.

Q: Who are the developers ?
A: Benoit, Sirebrus, Liberator, Gabe.

Q: Do the developers even read the forums and reply to my posts?
A: They are very active when it comes to reading the forums and to read about your feedback however they might not always reply unless it's something which needs immediate attention or a bug report due being very busy working on the game whenever they got spare time.

Q: If there is a issue which needs immediate attention who do I contact and where ? (A issue which can't wait 1-2 days by a forum post)
A: You can contact them at " [email protected] ".

Q: Do the developers stream ?
A: Yes they do stream and it's scheduled to be every Sunday however due to the amount of work lately (and other reasons) it may not happen every Sunday and will be announced if it will. https://www.twitch.tv/ftostaff/profile

Forum

Q: Where can I find the recent patch notes or previous ones ?
A: patchnotes.php ( You can find it yourself at the top right corner next to the log out icon together with their other social media icons.)

Q: I would like to see a certain forum post mentioned and added here what do I do ?
A: Leave a reply here or contact me in-game or through forums and I will add it here if it's relevant enough to be added.

Q: I got some really good ideas & suggestions on how to improve the game where should I post them?
A: Here you can post your suggestions & ideas for devs to read make sure to put time and effort into your suggestions/ideas viewforum.php?f=5

Q: Do you work with pixel art and like to paint and maybe would like to see your art in-game if it's good enough and meet FTO's standards?
A: If this is the case post your art here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=121&view=unread#unread .
If you make a lot of art you could make your own thread with all your art as a portfollio over here viewforum.php?f=21

In-Game

Q: What is the maximum level in this game?
A: Right now the maximum level is 50, however there's a soft cap at level 40 making each level take exponentially longer to achieve.

Q: I've found the progressive dungeon place but there seems to be no special rewards for progressing through the levels ?
A: This place is still in work and not finished.

Q: Can I obtain any bags through just playing the game and not paying any money ?
A: Yes there is two quests in the game which do reward you with a 6 slot backpack.

Q: How do I increase my inventory slots & bank slots, is there any other type of containers to store items?
A: As mentioned above you can obtain 2 free bags which will give you a total of 12 extra slots. You can additionally purchase single 16 slot bags in the shop or you could purchase the "Frontier Pack" which comes with 2 16 slot bags and a few other perks listed below.

1 Month Subscription (Grants 25% magic find , 5% Exp boost, Extra space, Faster crafting time)
2 Large Bags (16 Slots)
5 Crate Keys (Used to Unlock Rare Treasures)
5 Costume Tokens (Save your favorite appearances) (I will explain this transmogrify token further down later)
5 Respec Tokens (Allows you to re-distribute talent points)
450 Gems (Currency used for Cash Shop)

There is bank bags which are specifically for your bank and increases your bank slot cap, You can find this bank bags in the shop.

Normal bags can not be put into the bank bag slots to increase the bank slot cap!

* Large Crafting Chest - Holds up to 32 ingredient materials for crafting.

* Large Dresser - Holds up to 20 Equipment Items & Costumes

Q: What does subscription do exactly?
A: Grants 25% magic find , 5% Exp boost, Extra space, Faster crafting time,Player Housing,Access to cosmetic items & certain outfits

Q: Transmog token how do they work?
A: The token will let you save an appearance which includes your face outfit which you've chosen combined with chest,weapon,offhand,legs.

Warning: When you head to the barber to create a costume make sure to only click once and check your bag if the costume got created don't spamm click since there is no notification yet when you made one.

Q: I can't take my items out of my bank it tells me I can't move other peoples items what do I do ?
A: You will have to right click the desired item you want to take out from your bank and press "pick up".

Q: I like the unit frames while being solo & in party but sometimes I don't pay attention to my or other people's hp bars any way to customize it ?
A: You can drag out the frames and place them anywhere you like on the screen.

Q: Where can I find character statistics ?
A: Press "U" and all your kills/playtime/deaths will be listed in the window appearing.

Q: How can I see which players are online and how do I whisper other players and get more space in the chat box ?
A: If you click "P" you will see everyone online at your Shard, you can click their name and press "Private Chat" a window will appear to the right of the chat tabs. You can remove this tabs by right clicking it.

Q: Town npc doesn't purchase my goods anymore is this a bug ???
A: The town npcs at the player island do have their own stock of money which get used to buy your items. He generates money by players buying his items or by players donating money to the town shrine.

Q: I am new and running around with scrub gear and I never loot any items apart from white vendor stuffs what can I do?
A: There is a Town NPC at the player islands, you can travel to this islands with the boat "Woodmore","Burr","Shamble" there is a little hut/house to the right of the raid manager in there he is ready to sell you some items or buy your items.

Q: Are there any dungeons/raids in this game?
A: Yes, there are plenty of dungeons scattered all over the map, they are required to complete many quests. Most of them you can go either solo or with a group. There are also 4 raids: Ostbank (level 15), Ironshore (level 20), Fairfall (level 27) and Morhollow (level 35). These are much more tricky to solo, especially at low levels, and a group of at least 2 players is recommended.

Q: What is this new legendary items everyone is talking about (Khopesh) and how do I see it?
A: You will need a house or guild house and place a working bench in it and you will see it.

Q: I've done 10 runs in Morhollow still no Chaos Sword or Chaos Armor what is wrong ?
A: Here you can find an explanation how RNG works viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1310

Q: I am playing a Medic and I see this Assassins & Brutes destroying monsters they are OP?!?!
A: Don't compare yourself with full magic find gear with another player which got the best items in game and top rolled, all classes have their strengths & weakness when it comes to clearing speed and efficiency.

You will hit like a wet noodle when you don't got a Chaos item, however when you obtain one there is currently a huge leap from hitting 200 up to 9000 critical hits.

Q: What is this "Serenity Island" and how do I purchase it ?
A: This is a special player island for players which are supporting the game with a little bigger donation then a normal player to support their project more information can be found here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1180&view=unread#unread

Q: I am a collector and like rare & unique items where can I go to farm this type of items ?
A: Right now the only rare & unique item is the slime blades red/blue which can be obtained through killing the Red/Blue Slime kings at Cauldron City sewers
Last edited by Smokaren on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:51 am, edited 7 times in total.
Smokaren Offline

Has Liked: 72 times
Been Liked: 72 times

Postby Bosscore » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:01 am

Great idea, mind if I add a couple ones?

Q: Are there any dungeons/raids in this game?
A: Yes, there are plenty of dungeons scattered all over the map, they are required to complete many quests. Most of them you can go either solo or with a group. There are also 4 raids: Ostbank (level 15), Ironshore (level 20), Fairfall (level 27) and Morhollow (level 35). These are much trickier to solo, especially at low levels, and a group of at least 2 players is recommended.

Q: What is the maximum level in this game?
A: Right now the maximum level is 50, however there's a soft cap at level 40 making each level take exponentially longer to achieve.
Last edited by Bosscore on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bosscore Offline

Has Liked: 59 times
Been Liked: 53 times

Postby Smokaren » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:02 am

Will add them Bosscore good ones. Always hard to remember what people usually ask in global chat.
Smokaren Offline

Has Liked: 72 times
Been Liked: 72 times

Postby Skaffen » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:10 pm

Here are a few questions and answers for new players just starting out.

Q: What are the different levels of weapon and armor quality in this game?
A: They range from basic (white), to improved (green), perfected (blue), heroic (purple), and legendary (gold).

Q: How long does it take to get my first purple weapon?
A: Because Fantasy Tales Online has random loot drops, it's perfectly feasible to receive a heroic weapon as a random drop from as early as level 1.

Q: How do I change where my character will spawn the next time I log in?
A: This can be achieved by sleeping in a bed. Beds can be found in every town in the Inn. The last place you chose to sleep will be the place where your character will start the next time you log in.

Q: I finally defeated that really difficult boss, and he dropped a trophy, what's that all about?
A: Trophy's can be used to decorate your house as a way to intimidate people, and to show off to other players just how many bosses you've slain.

Q: What happens to me if I die, do I lose all my items?
A: No, you keep all of your items. When you die, a small amount of copper is taken from that of which your character is carrying at the time of death.

Q: But, I'm trying to solo a raid dungeon ten levels higher than my own, how can I prevent losing all of my money?
A: You can store copper in one of the many banks found in most towns. Copper in the bank is safe, and isn't deducted from during death. Only the copper your character is carrying is taken.

Q: What are drop crates and how do I use them?
A: Drop crates are rewards from quests, and come in three different varieties. Improved Drop Crates can be right clicked in your inventory to be opened, and contain either a weapon or a piece of armor. The other two types require a Crate Key to be opened, which can be purchased from the in-game cash shop, or obtained as quest rewards, and from repeatable quests.

Q: The other two types are Perfected Drop Crate and Heroic Drop Crate, right? What's inside those?
A: As their names suggest, Perfected Drop Crates contain a perfected item or better, and Heroic Drop Crates are guaranteed to contain a heroic item.

Q: Should I open my Drop Crate the moment I receive it?
A: That's entirely up to you, and your current need for gear. However, if you receive a drop crate at, for example, level 12, and open it right away, you will receive a level 12 weapon or piece of armor, however, if you save the crate and open it at, say, level 30, then the same crate will contain a level 30 weapon or piece of armor. Drop crate rewards are comparable to your current level.

Q: I put all my Skill Points in the wrong talent, how can I respec?
A: Fear not. A Respec Token is available for purchase for a mere 1000 copper. The NPC selling this useful item is Odin. He can be found in the weapon shop in Bluevale.

Q: What's the deal with these quest orbs and raid orbs, are they novelty items?
A: At present, these orbs can be donated to Town Shrines on the islands of Burr, Shamble, and Woodmore. There is currently no other clear use for these items at this time.

Q: Wow, that answers almost all of my questions. Finally, do you have any advice for new players like myself?
A: Yes, the best advice I can offer is to press 'T' on your keyboard, to toggle targeting. It makes selecting the right enemy much more efficient, and speeds up the looting process. It's the most useful button on the keyboard.
Skaffen Offline

Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Postby Schaffa » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:02 am

Hello...I've read you FAQ about withdraw items from bank, but press "PICK UP" button after I press right click didn't help... Do you know, where is problem? Thanks ;-)
Schaffa Offline

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Postby Bosscore » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:07 pm

Have you tried pressing the left click while the right button remains pressed?
Bosscore Offline

Postby Schaffa » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:45 am

Yes. Nothing happened. And one guy told me that he has same problem.
Schaffa Offline

Postby Bosscore » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:49 pm

I'm sorry then, I can't be of further help :/
Bosscore Offline

Postby Gibeam » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:01 pm

Hi, same problem here. Right klick or drag and drop nothing is working. But only if you want to remove items from the bank. I really hope that there will be a hint or help for this problem. That's the only weak point for me till now. Apart from that this game is extremely awesome and reminds me of (Fantasy Online), a game I was addicted to. So many thanks for that great game and keep going on with this cool game.
Gibeam Offline

Postby Streak » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:51 pm

happy to see the game still has a playerbase hope the game will pick back up in the future
Server: US2 :world:
Shard: Diamond :gem:
Home: Burr :mrgreen:

Guild: Tasuke* :crown:
Founded Guild: 5/23/16 :trade:
Guild Home: Tasuke Island :treasure:

*Info Here

Streak - lvl 44 :brute: (us2) lvl 32 :medic: (us1)
Streak Offline

Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Postby Gibeam » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:50 am

I have tested a bit, I can't take my items out of the bank on Server EU and US2, but on US1 it's working fine. So maybe this will help other players with the same problem. I 'm from Austria, but now I play on US1. Happy leveling to all.
Gibeam Offline

Postby Vulpa » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:24 pm

Could someone please fix the bank problem on EU-server? I have some items in the bank and can't use them anymore and I don't want to begin again on another server.
Vulpa Offline

Return to Game Discussion