Quest and Lore submission

You can talk about Fantasy Tales here.

Moderator: Global Moderator

Postby Liberator » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:42 am

Hey, So, I wanted to see if anyone had any quest ideas or lore ideas. If so, you can submit them in here for us to look over. I can't guarantee that we will use them and if we do that they will remain 100% the same way.

If you do write a quest, please try make it fairly brief XD and to the point and keep the objectives simple.

Please don't PM, unless it's important or bug related. Forum posts will suffice, thanks. You can also email [email protected]
Liberator Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Has Liked: 102 times
Been Liked: 171 times

Postby fantama » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:38 pm

I asked this on stream you guys said you were thinking about it. "Room Escape Quest"
fantama Offline

Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 0 time

Postby Liberator » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:41 pm

Not sure I was on  the stream at the time or I just missed it, but could you elaborate some more on that :P

What that means to me, is like you're in a room and its like those escape rooms in real life where there's a ton of items you interact with that are actually clues and give you hints as to how to escape?

Please don't PM, unless it's important or bug related. Forum posts will suffice, thanks. You can also email [email protected]
Liberator Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby fantama » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:34 pm

You got it exactly right Liberator, that's what I had in mind. I think it would make a pretty cool quest line.
fantama Offline

Postby Liberator » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:16 pm

Hrmm, it sounds interesting and I really like it :P point and click style of gameplay. I definitely want to do something like this would have to think of a story line and maybe like incorporate some maze like levels into it.

Liberator Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby fantama » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:35 pm

Maybe we can have it start off as a "missing person" request, so the player must locate the house the "missing person" is suspected to be in. Once the player enters the house he gets knocked out and locked away inside of someones homemade dungeon which is also inside of a hidden room in the basement.
fantama Offline

Postby Liberator » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:45 pm

Love it, maybe a dead person laying on the ground in the room with you. Would take a while to think things through for this like the objectives and the likes, but I think its something we'll definitely do :P

Liberator Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Gabe » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:04 am

I second the love of the idea for this quest :)
Gabe Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Postby Benoit » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:45 am

I did a bunch of room escape in real life. A common setup is you've been kidnapped and the killer is coming back. Real life escape room have a time limit. We could do something like that as well to let you fail the quest.

A common mechanic is there's something in plain site but you can't read it for some reason. Usually it's because you need a blacklight, or a decypher or a laser of mirror. Pretty common is a sequence of keys locked by the previous key so you have to solve it in sequence.
Benoit Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 54 times

Postby Anunnaki » Mon May 02, 2016 12:55 pm

My girlfriend did one of those Escape Room things with her work friends, said it was a load of fun.

Waiting on someone to write some lore for the squirrel massacre ordered by the Bluevale Mayor and the eventual revenge they will have on every player.. :zombie:

Maybe some lore on One Eye Jimmy of Cauldron City and what was the turning point that forced his life into such a downward spiral. lol
Anunnaki Offline

Has Liked: 0 time

Postby Liberator » Mon May 02, 2016 1:55 pm

Pfft, he only sells herbal tea... Nothing wrong there XD
Liberator Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby warrble » Tue May 03, 2016 4:22 am

I use to do story missions and stuff for a few friends that made mobile games and old console games so ill have a think on it tomorrow and write something up for you guys if you like.
warrble Offline

Been Liked: 3 times

Postby Liberator » Tue May 03, 2016 5:00 am

Would be great :) can't say when it would be put in the game, but we always like having people help out.
Liberator Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ezzy » Tue May 17, 2016 5:48 pm

"Pirates!"
How would , well know that boat that sends him to his village. 10 percent would be possible that you get caught by pirates on the way. But type is only once this happens, and you could also deploy missions involving pirates , ships, etc.
Ezzy Offline

Been Liked: 1 time

Postby Bosscore » Tue May 17, 2016 9:19 pm

Choose a major city, for example, Cauldron. Some people are misteriously disappearing. You talk to the major about it, he seems too dismissive and not worried. You go to the docks and some of the fisherman look... fishlike. Do you know where I'm going with this? Some Cthulhu ritual in an underwater cave, wich requires you to steal a ship, find the cave and beat some fish people to release the kidnapped and find out exactly why they were kidnapped.

P.S: Also, puzzles, lots of them :)
Bosscore Offline

Has Liked: 59 times
Been Liked: 53 times

Next

Return to Game Discussion